Alien Skin Software (now Exposure Software) have today announced the imminent release of Exposure X5!
Exposure is my pick of Lightroom replacements for Digital Asset Management and the best image browser I have ever tested. The current V4.5 is an excellent RAW converter and is the hub around which my entire image processing workflow revolves.
Those who purchase the current version (V4.5) after 1st August 2019 but before V5 is released will get a free upgrade to V5. This is not exactly a large window of opportunity to get the best Image Browser and workflow tool at the current price with the free upgrade to V5.
It can be purchased here…
A review of Exposure V5 will be made once it is released. V4.5 is excellent…
Improvements in V5
Alien Skin say that V5 will include:
- New masking tools enable adjustments in areas selected by hue, saturation, and luminance.
- Improved lens correction tools, including chromatic aberration and vignette correction
- Customizable camera profiles for precise tuning of RAW processing
- New black and white film, complementary color, and season inspired presets
- Horizontal and vertical flipping transformations
- Support for grayscale TIFF and JPEG images
- Additional camera and lens support
Chromatic Aberration correction rounds out their RAW processing capability and customizable camera profiles sounds exciting. It (hopefully) means that if X5 does not natively support your camera, you can build a profile and use DNG files to get excellent results…
You can read Alien Skin’s official announcement here…