In my previous reviews of this excellent software, I made a mistake regarding its focus stacking, saying that the individual layers in the stack cannot be edited. This is incorrect. See this Youtube video for details. To my mind Affinity is simply fantastic and it offers a real depth of features. But this mistake on […]
Recommended Photo Software
The best image resize program is Topaz A.I.Gigapixel
Image sharpening & noise reduction
Topaz A.I.Sharpen can not only sharpen images but correct slightly out of focus and blurred images.
Topaz A.I.Clear both sharpens and removes noise. It is the best noise reduction program around.
Photoshop and Lightroom Alternatives
Exposure X4 is the best alternative to Lightroom as far as image browsing and management goes. It is also a decent RAW converter and image editor.
Affinity Photo is the complete Photoshop replacement.
Skylum Luminar is a full featured RAW converter with a basic image browser. Its shadow recovery is the best in the business.
Photolemur is an automatic RAW converter, based on Luminar. Its results are very decent with facial detection and enhancement.
Photo Ninja is a purists RAW converter. It is not as fully featured as the others but it produces some of the best results, especially if you are prepared to build camera profiles.
Top Posts & Pages
- AI Gigapixel Review - worth the cost?
- Topaz AI Gigapixel - a further review
- Focus Stacking with Serif Affinity Photo.
- Cinemagraphs - Part 1 - Single Image Animations
- Photo Ninja - Contender or Pretender?
- Topaz JPEG to RAW AI - Review
- Canon EOS M Adapter Review
- DXO PhotoLab 2 Vs Photo Ninja
- Affinity Photo - Photoshop Alternative for £49?
- Topaz Gigapixel AI Vs Canon EF x2 Extender