Noise removal is a key step in image processing and all the converters we are testing have at least one method for doing so. This test will see how well they perform. For the previous entry in this series, which tests initial sharpening, click here… What’s being tested? The converters being tested are: Adobe Lightroom […]
The best image resize program is Topaz A.I.Gigapixel
Image sharpening & noise reduction
Topaz A.I.Sharpen can not only sharpen images but correct slightly out of focus and blurred images.
Topaz A.I.Clear both sharpens and removes noise. It is the best noise reduction program around.
Photoshop and Lightroom Alternatives
Exposure X4 is the best alternative to Lightroom as far as image browsing and management goes. It is also a decent RAW converter and image editor.
Affinity Photo is the complete Photoshop replacement.
Skylum Luminar is a full featured RAW converter with a basic image browser. Its shadow recovery is the best in the business.
Photolemur is an automatic RAW converter, based on Luminar. Its results are very decent with facial detection and enhancement.
Photo Ninja is a purists RAW converter. It is not as fully featured as the others but it produces some of the best results, especially if you are prepared to build camera profiles.
Top Posts & Pages
- AI Gigapixel Review - worth the cost?
- Topaz Denoise AI - Worthwhile or just noise?
- Topaz AI Gigapixel - a further review
- Topaz Sharpen AI - The end of soft images?
- DXO Photo Lab 3 Review
- Topaz DeNoise AI V2.0 - Free Upgrade and special offer
- Canon EOS M Adapter Review
- Focus Stacking with Serif Affinity Photo.
- Topaz JPEG to RAW AI - Review
- Exposure X5 Update - Review